In the last 3 weeks, we have had a niece and a nephew born to our family.
My brother, Jeremy,and "sister", Nichole, had a beautiful baby boy on Sunday, June 29th. Alexander Curtis came into the world weighing 6 lbs. 15 oz. and 21+ inches long. Xander is tall and skinny and the apple of his parents' eye. He is also adored by his 3 older siblings (who are spending the summer with their dad here in Colorado) Mackenzee, Dylan, & Wyatt. There is a link to their blog if you'd like to see their little family.
This past Monday, July 14, Aaron's sister, Rachel, and her husband, Carter, welcomed their 2nd child, Katie Ann, into the world. I know she was a few weeks early and weighed in at 5 lbs. 15 oz. and 18" long. Mom and baby are doing fine and are home now. (I'll post pictures when I get them.)
I love being an aunt. I get jealous of Aaron sometimes because he is the favorite uncle. Ryan and Laurel's girls, Kiari & Teyghan, have him wrapped around their fingers. All they have to do is look at him with their big blue eyes and their wish is his command. He is so great with kids and I am so grateful we have a few nieces and nephews close by so we can get our "Kid Fix." Children are such a miracle. Those little ones are so close to heaven. You can't help but feel God's love for you and for ALL of his children when you are around a newborn.
Whether Aaron and I are blessed with children of our own, we are so grateful to have Mackenzee, Dylan, Wyatt, Xander, Teyghen, Kiari, Andrew, Natalia, James, and Katie in our lives.
1 comment:
You guys are great! I love that you love being and Auntie and Uncle! The kids can definately feel that too. Your blog looks great! We can't wait to see you, only a few more days!
Post a Comment