I love Saturdays! I get a break from the daily grind and get to enjoy life for a day with no other "important" responsibilities", besides the usual cleaning.
Our ward had a ward camp out last night. We didn't camp but we went with Rob & Ruann this morning to help cook breakfast (Rob & Ru are our best friends/"parents" here in the Springs; they are on the activities committee and were in charge of the grub this morning). Evidently, the wind was very strong last night and kept everyone awake. It's times like those that I am glad I am not much of a camper. :) It was great to spend time with everyone and enjoy nature for a little while.
Rob & Aaron then came to our house and played "Mr. Fix Its" to get our sprinkler system working. We haven't had it working since we moved in over a year ago. It works now and Aaron and I were even able to figure out how to program it and what stations watered what areas--who knew that it would be so tricky?? Growing up, we just used grandpa's well and flooded the lawn or moved the hose and sprinkler around 50 times. :) Ahhh, the joys of technology.
Ruann and I went to the library to find some books for her to read. I would LIVE at the library if I could, much to my husbands dismay (even now, I get wrapped up in my books and sometimes don't pay enough attention to him! :] ) So much enjoyment and entertainment right there--AND ALL FOR FREE!!! It's always tricky trying to find good, CLEAN books to read. I have it down to an art and know the publishers that publish Christian works. If you have any book suggestions, let me know! I have a link to my "Shelfari" page that has some great books on it. I'm so grateful that there are people out there that have strong moral values and are willing to share their talents with us. Aaron and I strive to keep our home as a haven from the world and it is amazing how the media, in all it's forms, can diminish that haven. What a blessing it is to be able to control what comes into our home and our heads and our hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment