Sunday, July 27, 2008

"...pale green pants with nobody inside them."

My niece Kiari (18 mo. old) loves stories and her favorite is a Dr. Seuss one called "What Was I Scared Of?"--also know as The Pale Green Pants book. Her mom, Laurel, will start reciting from memory the beginning of the story and Kiari runs around the house to find the book and settles on the couch for her mom (or Aunt Emily--as the case was Friday) to read it to her. It is the cutest thing! Then, Kiari's older sister, Teyghan (4 years old) sits down and tells us the story from memory (almost word for word!!!). Such amazing girls who already love reading.

I never read this story until I read it with Teyghan when she was younger and it has become a favorite. If you haven't read it, or just want to get a glimpse back into your childhood. go to the link posted and you can! :) Enjoy!!

http://ruthvansickle.blogspot.com/2007/09/what-was-i-scared-of.html


No comments: