Sunday, July 27, 2008

3 days and counting!!

The countdown is on! The time has finally arrived. After much planning and preparation by the Conner family (Mom & Dad--you are amazing! Thanks for your hard work and organization; Rachel & Carter--your help was immeasurable. We'll make you proud since you can't be there!), the Van de Merwe Annual Family Reunion commences with pre-reunion festivities on Wednesday night and lasts through Saturday! It's finally here! We finally get to see all the family again. It's been SO long since we have seen the whole Van de Merwe clan. This is one of the biggest draw backs of living outside of Utah. We miss them all! But it makes times like this even more special!

We are almost completely packed. All the things we need for the reunion that we are in charge of are packed in a box, waiting to be loaded in the car; our snacks are packed (the most important thing for a long road trip :] ), the camping gear is in working order, and the clothes we plan to take are waiting to be packed. We leave Colorado Springs Tuesday night and are camping in Laramie, WY at a KOA (flushing toilets and showers are a must when you want to look presentable!). Once we get to Utah, we will be making a detour to Ogden to see my grandma, whose health is declining rapidly and whom we don't know if we will get to see again in this life. From there we will head to Salt Lake to meet up with the clan and have a fun-filled, busy time together. The excitement is building and we are thrilled to be able to go. Van de Merwe Clan: We'll see y'all soon!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like fun times. I'm sure glad you found me on facebook. What have you guys been up to? It's like you totally disappeared off of the face of the earth. Well, I miss your turkey and gravy but most importantly and I miss your down to earth sense of humor. Always felt totally comfortable around you guys.

Keep in touch....

Sara said...

It's Sara S. again I forget to tell you that Jared and I also have a blog: http://jssanford.blogspot.com/
I'm hardly on facebook, so this is the best way to keep in touch. I'm always on Raj and Angela's blog. Now we can keep up with you and Aaron.

The Peterson Family said...

Hi Emily! It was great spending time with you guys at the reunion... you are so great with my kids, come by anytime =) I'm sure you had a lot to do with the reunion as well... so THANKS! we L-O-V-E-D it!

our blog is PetersonAZ.blogspot.com