Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stair Climber

Miles is a little stair climber. About a month ago I was working in "my office" which is downstairs. He was playing in the family room outside my door. He's just talking to himself and laughing. All of a sudden, his voice seemed a little farther away. I go take a look and he is halfway up the stairs. Now we can't keep him off them. In the morning while I am working, he's trying to go up to wake daddy. When we are playing in the family room, he decides he wants to go exploring (i.e. climb the stairs).

I put a baby gate about 4 stairs up so that he can be safe while still climbing and in close proximity while I work. Wow! He was not happy! He stood holding on to that gate screaming at his mommy to let him out. He made it sound like I was torturing him! He's gotten a little better with the gate, but more often than not, I just let him crawl up them. We are working on going down. He's starting to get the hang of it and will do a couple of stairs by himself until he sees something the catches his eye...up the stairs!

No comments: