Since this was our first Christmas together for awhile, I was able to get a picture of all our Christmas stockings. Here's the story behind them:
My great aunt started the tradition by knitting the stockings for my dad's generation. So he and all of his siblings have the same design. The same aunt started knitting them for the next generation as well (my mom thinks mine was one of the last ones she made). My Aunt Bev picked up the tradition from there. All 43 grandkids (and their spouses) have them as well as around 30+ great grandkids. What a legacy! Every time I look at my sock, it brings back memories of Christmases together and good times with Aunt Bev. I know she looks down from heaven on us all and enjoys the legacy she left. Now that she has gone, several others from the family have picked up the torch. Thanks to them, this legacy can continue. What a great way to show that we are all connected.
No comments:
Post a Comment