So last night we went to the State Fair with Rob, Ruann, & Jared. Oh, what fun we had!! We wandered around looking at the animals and ate funnel cake (We all spilt one because they were huge and also expensive!! ). Ruann and I got lost in the "Creative Arts" building. The quilts were AMAZING. It makes me want to take up quilting!
It brought back fond memories of the Box Elder County Fair back home. We would go every year and wander through and look at the accomplishments of those who participated. You would spend hours admiring people's talents. The Colorado State Fair was a little disappointing because of the "skimpiness" of the entries. Instead of a whole building of artwork, there was one small wall. I'm not sure why there wasn't as much "stuff" but it was still enjoyable. It makes me want to go back home and see what a "real" fair looks life! I know, I'm probably biased, but what do you expect from a country girl?? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment