Aaron and I wanted to do something fun this holiday weekend, since it's the last "hurrah" of summer. Because Aaron loves to fish, we decided to go to Buena Vista, which is about 2 hours away, to fish and relax. We had a wonderful time! The weather was perfect and the river was great. Aaron loves it when he can get out on the river and I enjoy watching him and enjoying nature. It was a little scary for me because this is the same river we went rafting in a few weeks ago and the current was very strong. So, being the worrier that I am I had to always make sure Aaron was safe and staying out of the rapids! :) He was safe and we had fun. He didn't fall in and neither of us got sunburned. I relaxed on the shore with a book and some magazines. I wish I would have gotten pictures, but my phone (which I was going to use for a camera) was in the car and I was too lazy to go get it. So, you'll just had to imagine a tree lined river with boulders protruding out of the water every so often and my hansome husband standing in it, casting his line.
Here's a picture I found on the internet to give you an idea of how pretty it was:
It is so wonderful to be able to enjoy God's creations. I am so grateful that we live in this beautiful state where there is so much to see and do. I'm glad that Aaron likes to get out in nature, because I think I would take it for granted and not get out at all were it not for him. Heavenly Father has blessed us with beauty all around and I can't help but think of Him as I am outside. We are SO blessed! We were going to stay the night but couldn't find anywhere that had availability (ah, the joys of last minute plans!) so we just made it a day trip.
Here's a picture I found on the internet to give you an idea of how pretty it was:

It is so wonderful to be able to enjoy God's creations. I am so grateful that we live in this beautiful state where there is so much to see and do. I'm glad that Aaron likes to get out in nature, because I think I would take it for granted and not get out at all were it not for him. Heavenly Father has blessed us with beauty all around and I can't help but think of Him as I am outside. We are SO blessed! We were going to stay the night but couldn't find anywhere that had availability (ah, the joys of last minute plans!) so we just made it a day trip.
2 comments:
Sounds fun EM! Glad you are on the blogging world!
Good luck with everything! We are praying for you!
Emily! How are you? I got to your blog from your facebook. I haven't seen or talked to you forever! How is COlorado and life in general?? Things in Omaha are busy. Hope this will help us keep in contact more. This should give you a link to our blog! :) Hope everything is going well.
Steph
Post a Comment