
WOW! What a blessing it is to know that we have a prophet on the earth today and that we can "sit at his feet" every 6 months and be taught by him and his apostles. There were so many things that Aaron and I needed to hear. Here are some highlights that touched my heart:
- A temple in Missouri and Rome--the gospel is moving forward boldly and is covering the earth. The thought that struck me at this announcement is that we are getting closer to the coming of our Savior. The center of the Catholic church is now going to have a "Mormon" temple there and Missouri, which state drove out the Mormons back in the early days of the Restoration, now will have a prominent reminder that "no unhallowed hand will stop the work from progressing."
- Elder Perry--Don't allow the stress & anxiety of life get to you. Remain positive & optimistic; the best is yet to come!
- Neil A. Anderson--Part of our victory as disciples of Christ is how we act in the face of fear, discouragement, doubt, & feelings of inadequacy.; You don't know everything, but you know enough.; Adapt cheerfully to the challenges that come your way.
- President Uchtdorf--Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness. It is a principle with a promise as well as a commandment!
- Elder Wirthlin--Come what may..and love it!
There was so much more (that's just the first session!) that I won't share here because it would take me two days to post it all and my thoughts and feelings. I'm so excited for the transcripts to be posted so I can learn even more as I read them. We are SO blessed!!
1 comment:
I really didn't get to watch much of Conference b/c of my busy 2 1/2 year but after reading this post I feel much better. Great, Great highlights Emily. Just What I needed after a crazy day, sometimes word to lift my spirit up....
Post a Comment